Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Day Heart Card Kit

My daughter has been very into coloring, so we haven't worked on many craft activities lately.  Valentine's Day is the exception.  Last year she did a wonderful job making valentines very similar to the ones below for each member of her preschool class and family.  We decided to do the same type of project.  Like last year, we used a Target brand kit: Spritz Valentine's Day Heart Card Kit.  My daughter loves having a choice of stickers for each card.  I would spell out the name of the student or teacher or family member, she would place the stickers on the card, then decorate the rest of it.  They came out great, especially giving her even more choice with which color heart and frame to use.  The only downside of this kit is the heart falls out of the frame fairly easily unless you have stickers on both.  I decided to place each valentine into a sandwich size plastic bag to keep it together along with a Hershey kiss (we were the only ones to give out valentines without candy so I rectified that this year). I printed out labels with my daughter's name to save time and so everyone knows the cards are from her.  Overall, they look very cute, it was fun to work on them together, and they will stand apart from the usual store bought themed cards. 

My son made cards as well.  Same Target brand. He is only 2, so we used the cards where you just add the stickers (no heart part to worry about).  I spelled out everyone's names, he placed each name on a card then added two stickers.  He didn't have interest in more stickers than that!  I taped on lollypops and added labels with my son's name.  They are very cute!


My daughter's Valentine's




  



My son's Valentine's





No comments:

Post a Comment