Monday, May 25, 2015

My Daughter the Art Teacher - Using Scraps, Stickers, Paper, Glue Sticks, Colored Tape and Crayons

My daughter wanted to teach me how to do an art project the other day.  We sat down at the craft table together and I followed her directions. First we started with a piece of construction paper and scraps from scrapbook paper.  She showed me how to cut, then paste, the scraps onto the paper in a specific way.  Next we choose Disney Princess stickers from leftover sheets and she showed me where to stick them on the scrapbook paper. Then she took a long piece of green tape to place across the bottom of the picture and I did the same.  We also each chose two pieces of paper from the Disney Princess mini notepads left over from a party and again my daughter showed me how to paste them onto our works of art. Finally we each drew little pictures with crayons, happy faces and butterflies.  While she took her bath I showed her little brother how to make the same pictures and helped him create one.  Our finished works are below.  Overall having my daughter teach me how to do a project instead of creating one for her to do worked out great.  She used creativity, motor skills, verbal skills and we used materials already at our disposal.  Excellent activity!

The Finished Works

My Daughter's Work of Art

My Work of Art

My Son's Work of Art

No comments:

Post a Comment