Saturday, October 3, 2015

Crocheting - Black Cat Hat

After a hiatus, namely summer vacation and the start of school again, I am back with projects I or my family have completed.  First new post is timely for Halloween.  A long time ago I printed out this Black Cat Hat crochet pattern from the Repeat Crafter Me Blog.  One of my oldest friends is giving birth this month and along with a Crochet Bear Lovey, I wanted to make her baby a hat.  She has a cat and with Halloween coming up, I thought this would be perfect.  

I used the pattern for a baby 0-3 months old. The pattern itself was easy to follow except for the eye, I wasn't sure if I had to put multiple stitches in one stitch or if she meant to do the sequence of stitches (turned out to be a sequence).  Other than that, I didn't get tripped up at all.  The hardest part is sewing all the pieces together.  I reworked the whiskers multiple times too because they never seemed long enough.  Overall I am pleased with the finished result!





No comments:

Post a Comment