Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Craft Flashback - Finding Nemo Birthday Party

For our daughter's 4th birthday in July, we threw her first birthday party with friends.  We decided on a Finding Nemo theme since it was her favorite Disney movie so far and we could have an outdoor party in our backyard. I was inspired by some ideas on Pinterest and came up with others on my own.  We had four friends of my daughter (each of whom came with a sibling) and along with my son, there were ten children total.  A very manageable amount and everyone had a good time!

I made my own invitations.  I found a great image online then added my own text on top of it.  Then I emailed it to my local FedEx Kinko's shop who printed them out for me.  They looked wonderful!

 We set up an inflatable pool/slide from Aldi's and a tent to provide shade.

 We also set up a water table, table with a bubble machines and individual bubble containers, a kiddie, and had a basketball hoop and big rubber balls.

I ordered the Finding Nemo table cloth, plates, and napkins online.  I put multi-color goldfish in little cups as an early snack.

At one of the craft stores, I found these cute projects.  Each child could choose a whale, turtle or fish to make.  I put the pieces for each individual project in a baggie, so everyone had the pieces they needed.  Any child who didn't make one went home with one along with a goodie bag filled with bubbles. 

I cut out Finding Nemo characters from extra plates to put on the sign.


Finding Nemo crape paper 

 Blue jell-o and swedish fish treats!  I used clear cups from the local dollar store.  Just make sure you wait until the end to put in the swedish fish or they come apart.

I used a fish cookie cutter to make peanut butter and jelly fish sandwiches.


 I made vanilla cupcakes with blue frosting, blue sprinkles and regular goldfish.




 Various balloons I ordered online.

I found this Finding Nemo bow for my daughter and Finding Nemo swim trunks for my son on eBay. 




No comments:

Post a Comment