Sunday, October 12, 2014

EEK! Spider Thumbprint Halloween Cards

For Halloween, I wanted to make cards for the family with my daughter.  I looked on Pinterest and found this great example: Spider Thumbprint Halloween Cards  I decided to use orange construction paper we already had instead of card stock.  I folded them in half, then let my daughter and son each choose a couple of paints to use.  They wanted purple, pink, red and blue.  I squeezed Crayola Washable Paint on paper plates and had a baby wipe handy to clean their thumbs when they wanted to use a new color.  Both kids made thumbprints on each card using one color each at a time.  Then we let the cards dry.  Next my daughter drew on the legs.  After awhile she wanted me to draw legs as well so I did.  My daughter is working on letter writing in school, so this was a good opportunity to practice using the word EEK!  I modeled how to write the "E", "K" and "!" on a separate piece of paper then she wrote the word on each card (six cards in all).  While she took a break from the craft, I glued on twine to use as the spider's web and stapled the top of it on the other side of the card, modeled after the original Pinterest inspiration.  The last step for the outside of the cards was to glue on the goggly eyes.  I would make two glue spots then my daughter would place the eyes on and then we switched jobs.  We let them dry.  Finally I asked my daughter what to write inside of the card and together we came up with "We like Halloween and we hope you have a good one too!" then she wrote her name and I wrote her younger brother's name.  All together, we are very proud of this cute craft and we think our family members will love it!







No comments:

Post a Comment