Friday, December 19, 2014

Creatology Build-A-Snowman Foam Stickers: Classmate Holiday Cards

My daughter had already made quite a few ornaments this holiday season for her teachers and family members, so when it came to coming up with an idea for her classmates I found this tub of build-a-snowman foam stickers I purchased awhile ago.  It turned out to be a easy, fairly fast craft for us to do together and I came up with a way to deliver them to her friends without getting them sticky.  First we organized all the pieces into piles.  Then I put the snowman bases together for my daughter to save some time (we decided to do this the night before the last day of school before the holiday break)! The face circle on top of a larger circle on top of an even larger sticker.  Then I gave them to my daughter to decorate.  She had a ton of fun picking out which hats, scarves, mittens, arms and buttons to place on each snowman.  She even came up with the clever idea to color mittens with white crayon to make it look like there was snow on the mittens.  While she decorated each snowman, I decided to place each snowman on a piece of black construction paper.  The nice thing about this foam sticker set is no glue required.  Each piece is a sticker thus the back of the snowman was sticky and placing each one on paper gave them a nice background without sticking to anything else.  I wrote "Merry Christmas" at the top of the black construction paper using a white crayon, wrote "From:" underneath then had my daughter take a break from decorating the snowmen to write her name on each strip of black paper.  I didn't have her class list so instead of writing their names, we figured getting a unique snowman would be nice for everything and they would at least know who made them.  Overall we made about 18 of them and they were a hit at school.  Here is a sampling below:
 Full view
 Closer view
 The snowman with snow on his mittens
Foam sticker kit

No comments:

Post a Comment