Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Crocheting - Lion Hat

I made my second crocheted hat by request, a lion.  My friend's son lost his lion hat and she asked if I could make him one.  I did but it turns out I made it too small.  I followed the toddler pattern, tried in on my son and it was too small, so I will regift it to a friend who just had a baby boy and whom I was planning on making a fat for anyway.  I'll use the child size pattern and make a new lion hat for my other friend.  I used the Tiger pattern from the Repeat Crafter Me site combined with her Unicorn pattern to learn how to make a mane.  The face I made myself stitching the eyes and the nose/mouth like I do on my bear loveys to save some time.  I may use large buttons for eyes in the future instead.  Maybe for the next lion.  Overall I think it looks cute!










No comments:

Post a Comment