Saturday, October 3, 2015

Cross Stitching - Snow White

Last year on Black Friday, I went to Barnes & Noble and bought the Disney Classic Cross Stitch Kit. I put it away and forgot about it.  Then this summer we decided to update the room themes for our kids.  My daughter chose Disney Princesses so I let her pick which pattern I would make, Sleeping Beauty's castle or Snow White.  Fortunately for me she chose Snow White because the castle was advanced and I hadn't cross stitched in 30 years!  

To relearn how to cross stitch, I watched a couple YouTube videos then I was on my way!  The pattern was easy to follow but I didn't realize how big Snow White would be, which is fine, but it took my 3/4 of the summer to complete!  At least the finished project was worth it.  I found the sparkling red frame from Hobby Lobby.  I was so excited to be done, I put the project in the frame right away but I need to go back and stretch the aida fabric more.  Overall the project was a great addition to my daughter's bedroom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment