Saturday, October 3, 2015

Cross Stitching - Star Wars Ships

My son is only 3 1/2 but LOVES Star Wars.  We were changing his room theme and I wanted to find a pattern related to Star Wars.  He loves the different ships and I found these awesome tiny spaceship patterns on Etsy.  I chose three out of the six patterns to make - the Millennium Falcon, Tie Fighter and Rebel X-Wing (I didn't like the idea of ships with the word "slave" or "death" on his wall).  

Each one was easy and quick to cross stitch because they are small.  I like how they used similar colors.  The ships looked great next to each other and I didn't need to buy a lot of different colors. The wording wasn't too hard, I had to rework some letters but I think it came out very legible.  I found the great film strip inspired frame at Michael's.  Just like with my daughter's Snow White cross stitch, I was excited to put the finished projects in the frame, so I need to go back and stretch the aida fabric more but it looks great in my son's room!






No comments:

Post a Comment